Yuan zhi is an herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat a variety of ailments, including headaches, insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, and depression. It is believed to have a calming effect on the body and mind, and is also thought to improve cognitive function. Yuan zhi is also known to have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties.
1. Helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
2. Improves cognitive function.
3. Has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties.
- It is toxic and can cause serious side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, convulsions, respiratory paralysis, and even death in extreme cases.
- It can cause liver damage and should not be used by people with liver disease or damage.
- It may interact with certain medications, including blood thinners, and should not be used by people taking these medications.
- It can cause allergic reactions in some people, particularly those who are allergic to plants in the Asteraceae family, such as ragweed, chrysanthemums, and marigolds.
- It should not be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women, as there is not enough research to determine its safety in these populations.
Yuan zhi has a sweet, slightly bitter taste.
The best way to prepare Yuan zhi is to steep it in hot water for 10-15 minutes and drink as a tea. You can also take it in capsule form or as a tincture.